On July 14, 2014 the Norwell School Committee adopted policy ADDA: Background Checks and reviewed the associated regulations for policy ADDA August 18, 2014. The policy is in response to G.L. Chapter 459 of the Acts of 2012, An Act Relative to Background Checks signed into law by Governor Patrick on January 10, 2013. The policy requires all individuals who have direct and unmonitored contact with students to have a CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information) check and a SAFIS (Statewide Applicant Fingerprint Identification Services) check conducted prior to any unmonitored contact with students.
Click HERE to access a CORI form. This form should be filled out and returned to the NMS office along with a copy of your license. CORIs must be updated every three years.
Clck HERE to register for fingerprinting and follow the steps below to complete the process.
- Click on State Fingerprinting
- Click on Schedule a New Appointment
- Choose PreK-12th Grade Education from the drop down and click Go
- Parents/Volunteers – Choose All Other School Personnel and click Yes
- Click Yes to confirm that you choose the correct agency
- Enter our provider ID 02190000
- It should say Norwell, 322 Main Street, Norwell, MA - click Correct
- Enter your zip code and click Go
- Click “Click to Schedule” on the most convenient location and date
- Choose your time and click Go
- Agree to the Terms of Service
- Complete the Application Information