Officer Rick Phelps, School Resource Officer will be available to all four schools in the Norwell Public Schools District.
PHONE: 781-659-8810 ext. 5124
Officer Rick Phelps can be reached at Norwell High School. He will be checking his messages daily.
Officer Phelps welcomes all input for parents, students, and staff at Norwell Public Schools as well as the Norwell Communtiy.
Goals and objectives are designed to develop and enhance rapport between youth, police officers, NPS administrators and parents.
Goals of the SRO Program include:
- Establish a rapport between the SRO and the student population;
- Establish rapport between the SRO and parents, faculty, staff, and administrators;
- Assistance and information sharing concerning problems and issues affecting the schools and students;
- Education of children regarding the role of laws, courts, and police in society;
- Investigation of cases involving juveniles and use of effective alternatives to court whenever possible;
- Prevention of crime or delinquent behavior by juveniles within the SRO areas of assignment;
- Effective problem solving and liaison with neighborhoods surrounding the schools, which are affected negatively by the conduct of students; and
- Assist NPS with residency checks as directed.