Children who turn 5 before September 1st are eligible to enroll in kindergarten for that year in the Norwell Public Schools. Parents who feel their child would benefit from postponing kindergarten entrance should contact their elementary school’s principal to discuss the kindergarten waiver process. Students whose parents choose to postpone registration until a student is six years old without prior approval of a Kindergarten Entrance Age Waiver will enter into the first grade with his or her chronological peers.
For more information, please see the Norwell Public Schools policy on school entrance age.
Kindergarten enrollment for the 2024-2025 school year will open on Friday, January 12th.School districts are determined by street. Please search below to find your elementary school.
Elementary School by Address
- Starts With
Registration & Documentation: Registration is done online and may require in person submission of certified documents.
- Online Registration link here: Kindergarten Registration
- Documentation submission includes the following:
- Original Birth Certificate or Certified Copy
- Proof of Residency (recent water bill, tax bill, lease agreement, etc.). In the event that a family is residing with another family member or friend, the following Landlord/Shared Tenancies Residency Affidavit must be completed.
- Most recent physical from pediatrician/family doctor including immunization records.
- Copy of Custody or Guardianship, if applicable
Online Registration: Opens Friday, January 12, 2024
Kindergarten Parent Orientation:
Cole Elementary - Thursday, May 2, 2024 at 5:00 p.m.
Vinal Elementary - Thursday, May 2, 2024 at 5:00 p.m.
Kindergarten Open House: TBD-Early September
Other important kindergarten events
Bus routes are completed in August.
Class placement is sent home by mail.
State-mandated kindergarten screening takes place in June.