Every child needs to encounter frustration and failure to learn to step back, reassess, and try again.
Should an educator ever cause a student to feel frustrated, or even to fail?
The following links are to articles and case studies focused on the ideas of "grit" and "perseverance".
1) 'What if the Secret to Success is Failure?" by Paul Tough
2) "Principle Connection/Got Grit?" by Thomas R. Hoerr
3) "School of Hard Knocks...How Children Succeed" by Paul Tough
4) Grit: Perseverance and Passion for Long-Term Goals by Angela Duckworth
5) "The Future of Self-Improvement: Part I - Grit is More Important that Talent"
6) TED TALK Video - Angela Duckworth..."The Key to Success? Grit."