Welcome to the Norwell Middle School Parent Teacher Organization
As a parent of a middle school student you are automatically part of the PTO!
If you are able to give an hour of your time, please join us at a meeting or chaperone an event. Our monthly meetings are short, but always include updates from Derek Sulc, our principal, on what is going on at school and discussions of relevant issues.
What do we do?
- Support and enhance the educational experience at NMS by raising funds and organizing school activities.
- Promote and encourage communication among the teachers and parents.
- Publish the school directory for every family
How does it differ from the Elementary School PTO?
The Middle School experience is different for students and parents, so the PTO experience will differ as well. The need for volunteers within the classrooms is no longer needed, but parental involvement is still important. The NMS PTO strives to give parents the opportunity to gain information regarding their children’s education.
How does it all get done?
Each school year, dues are collected as a fundraiser for the activities and programs the PTO funds. The suggested dues amount is $30 per child. We also have one fundraiser for the year, our Meadow Farms fundraiser. With these two efforts we support our staff and students in the following ways.
What do the NMS PTO dues help fund?
- Field trips
- Enrichment Programs
- Scholarships for 6th grade trip & DC
- 6th Grade Fun Night
- 7th Grade After School Social
- 8th Grade Memory Night
How can you get involved?
- Volunteer when we send out emails asking for help!
- New ideas are always welcome! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or come to one of our meetings!
Norwell Middle School PTO is now a 501(c)(3) organization