Norwell High School Parent Teacher OrganizationHello Norwell High School Community!
Welcome back! We wanted to share a few things with you about our successful 2021-2022 school year and we are looking forward to another great year ahead.
We want to thank everyone for helping the PTO achieve our goal of creating a sense of community and belonging for faculty, students and parents. Together we accomplished the goal to reignite school traditions such as spirit week, pep rallies, prom, and senior week. Post COVID, as a community, we found new and old ways to connect and support our students and staff. The NHSPTO board would like to thank everyone who attended our zoom meetings, in-person meetings, paid dues, donated, participated in our fundraisers, and signed-up to bring gifts and items to school. All your help enabled us to support the students and staff throughout the school year. However, there is so much more that we would like to get done!
Together we raised over $8,000 last school year. This enabled us to:
- Purchase new Norwell Clipper banners for around the school campus
- Paid for prom buses & promenade
- Beautification of school entrance by lot A-Landscaping, tree work & pressure washing
- Provided funds for teacher grants
- Provide a free Kona Ice (on 9/6/22) to all students
- Funded and volunteered for the hugely popular Teacher Luncheons
- Provided treats for the teachers throughout the year
- Provided Gingerbread houses and door decorating contest with prizes for the students to start a new holiday tradition
- Organized and provided funds for Senior events (Sr. Breakfast, Sr. balloons $1,000)
- Funded support for Graduation
- Arranged and paid for Therapy dogs to help our kids during times of need
- Donated money for Norwell Cares
- Dinner for our janitors
…and much more!
Last year we were able to respond to some unplanned requests, like prom buses, to ensure our kids had a great year. Adequate funds are needed to provide this flexibility. There are many more needs and so much more we would like to do.
Last year only 22% of student dues were paid. Can you imagine what we could get done if even only 75% of dues were paid?
Our plan is to continue working together to ensure that learning and connection take place safely and successfully again this year. We strive to provide vital and safe connections between parents, staff, and administration, keep our Norwell community informed, raise funds to support learning, student well-being and improve school appearance.
Things we would like to create and improve are:
- Increase teacher grants
- Clean up and landscape all entrances into the high school
- Improve the outdoor lunch area so more students are able to enjoy lunch outdoors
- Purchase three new picnic tables & umbrellas for the newly cleaned up courtyard
- More community events to get everyone involved
- Support Prom & Senior events
- Continue to donate to Norwell Cares
…and much, much more
The NHS PTO would like to thank Tim Lopes owner of Go Green Landscape Supply for their generous donation of mulch and Bobby Troy of Troy Tree and Landscaping for his hours of hard work and expertise in cleaning up the Lot A entrance to NHS. If you are in need of landscaping please consider these local businesses that supported your students. We truly appreciate all they did to help make our school look great.
Thanks to a very generous donation from Troupe Waste, the PTO will be raffling off a 30-yard roll-off dumpster if your dues are paid by October 15th ($30 per child).
Watch for more information regarding our first Spirit Day across the district on Friday, October 21st —more information to come!
FOLLOW US: If you don’t already please follow us on:
Facebook: Norwell High School PTO (please request to join our private Facebook group)
100% of PTO monies go toward supporting your child. So, please support the PTO so we can continue to deliver fun events, provide support for teachers and the administration, improve the school's appearance, and boost school pride to make the school atmosphere amazing for your child.
Dues of $30 per student can be paid via Venmo (@NHSPTO), Pay Pal (on our website NHSPTO.ORG), or Check.
Please contact any member of the Board or the general inbox with feedback, suggestions and if you are interested in volunteering, all are welcome!
Thank you and we look forward to seeing everyone soon!Please mark your calendar for these dates:
- Sep 21 - Norwell Cares Day
- Sep 22 @6:30pm - Open House
Oct 17 @6:00pm - First PTO meeting of 2022-23 in the Community Room at the high school prior to 7pm School Committee Outreach Meeting at Norwell Public Library
Nov 10 @9:00am - PTO meeting in Community Room at the high school