Enrollment & Registration
Children who turn 5 before September 1st are eligible to enroll in kindergarten for that year in the Norwell Public Schools. Parents who feel their child would benefit from postponing kindergarten entrance should contact their elementary school’s principal to discuss the kindergarten waiver process. Students whose parents choose to postpone registration until a student is six years old without prior approval of a Kindergarten Entrance Age Waiver will enter into the first grade with his or her chronological peers. For more information, please see the Norwell Public Schools policy on school entrance age.Click here for a list of Cole and Vinal School districts by street.
Registration & Documentation
Registration is done online and requires in person submission of certified documents.
1. Online Registration
2. Walk in documentation submission includes the following:
Dates & DeadlinesOnline Registration:Monday, January 7th - Tuesday, February 5th, 2019Walk in Documentation Submission:Wednesday, February 6, 2019 9:30 a.m. -11:30 a.m. Students with last names beginning A-KWednesday, February 6, 2019 3:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. Any StudentThursday, February 7, 2019 9:30 a.m. -11:30 a.m. Students with last names beginning L-ZKindergarten Parent OrientationThursday, May 2nd, 2019 at 7:00 p.m.Kindergarten Open House
- Original Birth Certificate or Certified Copy
- Kindergarten Parent Questionnaire printable pdf
- Proof of Residency (recent water bill, tax bill, lease agreement, etc.).In the event that a family is residing with another family member or friend the following Landlord/Shared Tenancies Residency Affidavit must be completed.
- Most recent physical from pediatrician/family doctor including immunization records.
- Copy of Custody or Guardianship, if applicable
Other important kindergarten events
Bus routes are completed and published in August.
Class placement is sent home by mail.
State-mandated kindergarten screening takes places in June.