Instructions for Using Sora by OverDrive
What is Sora?
Sora is an application which allows students and faculty to access the NMS Library’s digital collection of e-Books and e-Audiobooks. Sora users have the option of adding public libraries to their account, which allows for access to hundreds of additional titles. Some of the great things about Sora are that it is available twenty-four hours a day, year round, and can be added to multiple devices (tablet, phone, laptop, etc.)
Instructions for accessing Sora;
- Students/faculty members should go into self-service to search for the Sora app by OverDrive.
- After downloading Sora, students will need to search for Norwell Town Schools and select that option. Next, you will need to sign in.
Password: Four digit lunch code (no letters before or after the numbers)
- Next, students may add a public library to their account by clicking on the three lines at the top right-hand corner of their screen. A sidebar menu will appear with the option to “add a library.” Click this option, then search for the Norwell Public Library, or library of your choice. Each time you add a library, you will need to sign in using your Sora username and password the first time you check out a title.
Boston Public Library e-card access:
- The Boston Public Library serves all Massachusetts residents. Students who are at least thirteen years old may obtain an e-card through the BPL by visiting the BPL homepage and clicking on “services” and then selecting “e-card.” Follow the prompts that follow. Once you have set up your e-card, you can add BPL as one of your Sora libraries.
- Visit Sora’s help page: https://help.soraapp.com/en-us/home.htm or see Mrs. Kinsman in the library.
- Staff members who cannot access Sora should see Mrs. Kinsman to set up their account
Looking for a book? Click here to access the online catalog.