Kindergarten / New Parent "Like to Know"Hello, Welcome to Vinal School. Below are some quick, helpful things we thought you'd LIKE TO KNOW!Comprehensive information specifically about Kindergarten can be found HERE.
- As a new incoming parent/student, you should've been added to the email distribution list. Please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you believe you are not receiving any Vinal PTO emails. We’ll add you immediately.
- Each Monday, the Principal communicates school happenings via an e-newsletter, the Vinal Voice. Contact us at email@example.com if you are not receiving his newsletters.
- School hours are 8:55-3:20 pm.
- Please mark all personal items with your child’s name.
- Lost and found is located in the school lobby near the cafeteria doors.
Additional questions? Don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send your child to school with a nut-free snack and a drink each day.
- Your teacher will provide a classroom schedule and weekly newsletter to keep you informed about curriculum and activities.
- Please be sure to update your contact information in the Aspen Parent Portal to ensure your information will be correct in the Vinal School Directory.
- A printed Vinal School Directory is distributed by the PTO mid October. One free copy of the directory is provided to each Vinal family and contains staff and parent contact information (that you updated in the Aspen Parent Portal) as well as class listings. Additional copies may be purchased.
- Interested in Volunteering?
- There are many opportunities for which to volunteer at Vinal School, both in your child's classroom and/or through the PTO.
- Your child’s teacher will circulate a volunteer form at Back to School Night so that you can indicate your interest in a regular, or occasional, visit to your child’s class.
- In order to volunteer in the Norwell Schools, you must submit a Volunteer to the office.
- PTO newsletters, upcoming activities, and other information can be found at vinalpto.org. We encourage you to check the site for a listing of PTO Meetings and join us if you are interested in finding out what's happening and how to get involved.
- Upon returning home on a school bus, an adult must receive your kindergarten child at the bus stop. If you are not there to meet the bus, your child will be kept on the bus and driven back to Vinal School.
- Need early drop off or late pickup? Information regarding Before & After School Programs (through the South Shore YMCA) can be found here.
- For additional school information including Lunch Menus, District Calendar and more, please visit the Vinal School's website, norwellschools.org/vinal.
- Become a member of the Vinal School PTO Facebook group (private group) for School updates and info.
- Click to view or register for Sports/Norwell Recreation Department programs.
Last Modified on July 15, 2021