Grade 12 HOLY COW, NO WAY!!!
Here is my list of what I think should be done prior to Thanksgiving.
1. Make a copy of the Common Application and complete the first couple of pages. Name, DOB and stuff.
2. Keep it as a reference for all other applications.
3. Complete your Brag Sheet. You can get a copy from your Guidance Counselor.
4. Ask two Academic Teachers for a recommendation. Remind them frequently, but nicely.
5. Complete, revise and REREAD your essay. Most of you completed this in your Junior English class.
6. Take the SAT one more time. Wait until November.
7. Start a college list. Use Naviance to help you sort through the colleges on your list. I have a paper chart if you would prefer.
8. Go visit at least 1-3 colleges on your list.
9. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR YEARBOOK STUFF IN BY THE BEGINNING OF OCTOBER.
What to do between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
1. Complete all applications either online or paper
2. Remind everyone about any recommendations
3. Tell your guidance counselor where you are applying and make sure that everything is in.
4. Make a final visit or set up an interview at your top 1-3 colleges.
Deadlines: Try not to wait until the last possible day to send your application in. If the deadline is Feb. 1, send it in Jan. 1. Be early rather than late.
More to come.