Room 23 Guidelines:
1. Treat others as you wish to be treated: treat one another with kindness, respect and consideration.
2. Follow C.A.R.E.S.
3. Be an active and respectful listener.
4. Be accepting of others and their ideas.
5. Work together and respectfully cooperate.
6. Make good thoughtful choices with your words and body.
7. Everyone is entitled to a good day.
Consequences: The consequences that will follow a disrespected guideline will be logical. A case-by-case determination will be made by the student and the teacher, as well as other adults or children involved.
Some scenarios/Guidelines for consequences:
In no specific order:
“If you break it you fix it”
A phone call home
A privilege taken away (like student council)
An apology written or verbalized
Teacher and student discuss issues and decide next steps