Student parking at Norwell High School is limited and by permit only. Unfortunately, we may not be able to accommodate every student who receives a driver’s license throughout the course of the school year. However, we anticipate all seniors that currently hold a valid driver's license will be able to purchase permits, and we will hold a parking lottery for juniors to purchase a permit. We ask families not to make plans based on students being able to drive to school until they are able to purchase a permit.
Once a permit is issued, students are required to park in their assigned parking spot or parking area only. Parking will not be allowed in any other location on campus. Students must also follow all rules of the road and the safe driving procedures of Norwell High School. All policies are outlined on the Student Parking Registration & Contract. Violations of these policies can result in loss of parking privileges and disciplinary consequences in accordance with the NHS Student-Parent Handbook. Thank you for your continued cooperation in making parking at NHS both safer and easier.
Students interested in obtaining parking during the school year should complete the 2021-22 Student Parking Survey (school email login required). Students eligible for permits at the start of school should complete this form by Friday, 9/10. Senior permit registration and lottery will take place on Tuesday, 9/14, at 2:45 PM, and junior registration and lottery will occur on Thursday, 9/16, at 2:45 PM.
Obtaining Student Parking at Norwell High:
- Complete the online parking survey - 2021-22 Student Parking Survey (student login required)
- The student must submit a Student Parking Registration & Contract in order to purchase a parking permit. You may download the contract or obtain the form in the main office.
- When purchasing a parking permit students will provide
- Completed contract
- Copy of the student’s valid driver’s license
- Copy of the vehicle registration
- Payment or online payment receipt
- The student will receive a parking permit from an office staff member to display on the car’s rear view mirror whenever the car is parked on campus.
Students Parking at Norwell High School Must:
- Have a valid parking permit.
- Follow all rules outlined in the handbook and in the student parking registration/contract.
- Whenever the car is parked on campus, display the permit on the car’s rear view mirror facing out.