Senior Internship Program
Internship Administrator: Mr. Matthew Marani
Please Click on the Following Links To Complete the Two Part Application Process
Part I: Print and Complete
Part II: Complete Online After Part I is Complete (Use Part I)
Please Note: If you are interested in applying to another Norwell School, you must select a teacher who has signed up to take on an intern.
Please click the following link for a database of companies who have either hosted an NHS intern in the past or interested in hosting an intern this year. 2013 Company Database
Please Click on the Following Link for the Internship Presentation Rubric:
- When is the 2-Part Application due?
Friday, March 1st (Changed to March 4th)
- What weeks do the Internship program run? April 8th to May 17th 2013
- How many hours am I required to work? 30 Hours per week
- How many hours must I work per day? Its up to you and your company as long you work 30 hours per week.
- What about if I take AP Courses? Subtract five hours per week for each AP course you take.
- Do I have to work over April Vacation? No, interns only work during the weeks that you are required to be in school
- Can I work over April Vacation and end a week early? No, you cannot end a week early.
- Can I be paid for working at my internship? No, you cannot be paid for any of the 30 hours per week.
- Can I work for my parents company? You cannot report directly to your parents as the Company Supervisor
- Can I work for my parents company based out of our house? No, you must report to a location outside of your current residence
- Do I have to do a presentation? Yes, all students must give a presentation based on the internship scoring rubri
- How do I sign up for a presentation time? Your teacher sponsor will select the time. Please contact your teacher sponsor for schedule information
- Do I have to complete a journal? Yes, you must turn in a daily journal to your teacher sponsor based on the journal scoring rubric.
- Do I have to write goals for my internship? Yes you need a minimum of two goals entered into your journal before you start working at your internship. It should be the first page of the journal.
- What happens if I do not complete my hours, journal, or presentation? You will not be eligible for graduation until you have completed all three components.